Wednesday 16 November 2011

Latest obsession.

So moving into a new room is exciting, but most of all it is like a blank canvas. 


I always have an eye out for art of photography which i can recreate or take inspiration from to fill my own walls seeming as right now i cant afford the real thing. 


So i introduce you to Paul Villinski…

















I am literally obsessed with his work. I could look at it forever.
I have always taken an interest in butterfly taxidermy… (I'm not sure if that is the correct term) but the idea that you can capture such beauty and keep it, is somewhat cruel but infatuating. 


his use of shadow through out all his work is a contributing factor to his intricate and well thought out pieces. 

Another factor is that a lot of his materials are recycled or found on the streets of New York where he lives and works. 

You might recognise his work if you watch Gossip Girl. Serena's room has an installation created by Villinski.

I am going to spend the next week trying to personalise my room with fresh inspiration from this amazing artist. 

Watch This Space.

No comments:

Post a Comment